Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I DO!

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Yes, we took the plunge and tied the knot and got married yesterday- 12/31/07. And yes I have fallen for him time and time again and will continue to. If you know him you would realize how easy that is.

After my time in the hospital earlier last year and realizing we are not getting any younger, we started talking about marriage. I needed to know legally he could handle whatever arose with me and my children. We got the paperwork but never picked a date. Friday we decided we would just go to the JP and have it done.

Oddly it feels anti-climatic because after 7 ½ years we pretty much thought of ourselves as married already, as did our family and friends. When we first met neither one of us wanted to get married again. But as time passed and healed all wounds from our previous divorces, there was a letting down of the guard. If nothing else it just re-enforced what we already felt and was the final step in our commitment to each other. All the walls are down and there is total trust in this person.

He is a truly remarkable guy and I am unbelievably lucky to have had #1 daughter push me into going out with him. Thanks again Baby Girl

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations on your marriage! What joy you will have.

Regards,
Deanna
"rasch" on Ravelry

Anonymous said...

Sis, I am so happy for you. I can't think of anyone better to add to our family than CURT. I wish you all the happiness you so deserve and am glad you have him for support and love.

cyndy said...

Yayy!! Yippie!!
(so glad, so happy for everyone) A happy day at happyacres!

What a great way to end the year, and start a new beginning! Blessings on both of you~

(...ahem...it's about time.....)

finnsheep said...

Congratulations!!! Definitely a Happy New Year!