Monday, January 21, 2008

Midwinter

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter,
Long ago.- Christina Rossetti
Today is "Blue Monday" aka the most depressing day of the year by some scientist's account. Supposedly due to the fact we haven't kept our resolutions, the credit cards are just coming due from Christmas compounded by the cold and it being a Monday, etc, etc, etc we get very depressed today.

As usual I am slightly back-ass-ward and I actually feel pretty positive today. It is cold but not as cold as a couple of weeks ago, the pipes didn't freeze, I am still basking in the glow of my new washing machine which I simply ADORE, I finished what I had in yarn for the Woodland Shawl Scarf and it just needs blocking and I started a Pi afghan, I have been spinning a little (yeah me!), the kids are in school and the man at work, the TV is off and I am enjoying the peace and quiet while sipping my coffee and I have absolutely no plans to go anywhere today.

So what will I do with all my time today? Well, I have gone thru most of the seed catalogues and I have narrowed it down to a select few. Now I just have to go thru the seeds I have to find out what I need/want.

The man is picking me up boxes to mail some wool out to get processed into roving. I have some fleeces that were given to me that I want to go thru and I am thinking of sending them out to be made into batts as some family members have expressed an interest in quilts with wool batting.

I have a meatloaf to make for dinner and I have to cook up black beans to make Spicy black bean burgers for later in the week.

Add in doing the animals, taking a shower, doing laundry, paying bills, sweeping and mopping, sneaking in some knitting/spinning time and I think I will have sufficiently filled the day and it sounds like I should get started. Have a great day and stay warm!

No comments: