Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Caterpillars in January

If caterpillars were meant to fly, God would have given them wings.~Anonymous

And why do I have anything about caterpillars in a January post? Well we have had another visit from old man winter which left us will snow both Monday and Tuesday. While going to let the chickens and ducks out I find this caterpillar lying in the snow. There are no crawl marks so he must have grown wings...or something with wings went without their breakfast. If the fall from the beak of the bird flying over didn't do him in, or the freezing temperatures, I know the chickens did because when I went out just a short time later he was gone.
And still why are we discussing caterpillars in January? Well probably because there is little else going on! I did finish the Irish Wellington Socks. I was going to make them shorter than the pattern said to wear with my boots but my niece was up so I decided to give them to her. I didn't finish them in time so I have to send them down to her so she will let me stay with her if I go to the MD S&W.
I did some knitting on the Woodland Shawl scarf. I am not sure how long it is suppose to be but I know it will end up shorter as I don't have much more of this left in the ball - bad me. Oh well some one will take it.And I did get some knitting done on the koolhaas.I am on the third repeat of four so if I dedicate myself to it, it will be done in a day or two. And I do need to motivate as I have a lot of things that I want to do before Spring gets here. I plan on perusing the seed catologues tonight......

1 comment:

finnsheep said...

Was just getting ready to start another Woodland scarf and hoping my 300 yards of handspun Finn would do it. Yours looks very nice!