Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Makes Your Heart Sing

It is essential to our well-being, and to our lives, that we play and enjoy life. Every single day do something that makes your heart sing. ~Marcia Wieder

I don't get to do that every day but what does that mean for me today? Well, each year PA holds a Farm Show. Since getting into fiber arts I have watched the Sheep to Shawl and today is the scheduled day for that. But they have given me two bonuses as this year they have a youth fleece to shawl contest and they have a blogger doing a live blog during the sheep to shawl. There is no scheduled coverage of the youth fleece to shawl which is a shame and the sheep to shawl is only covered from 3-5 and then the auction at 6:30. I have been unable to find out if they are selling the youth shawls then also, I will have to wait and see.

So this afternoon will find me happily ensconsed in front of the TV and/or computer with either my wheel or knitting.

The test of an enjoyment is the remembrance which it leaves behind ~Jean Paul Richter

And since I return to this year after year I guess I get real enjoyment out of it! It is my selfish little pleasure! So what makes your heart sing? What is something you only do infrequently just for you?

OHOH I have finished a pair of peek a boo mitts this year! I will post pics maybe tomorrow.

No comments: