Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty.
~John Selden

Well I am going to tell my fiber resolution in the hopes it keeps me on the straight and narrow. So here it is…I am not going to buy any yarn, roving, or fleece except at MD S&W and Rhinebeck and the purchases at those places for the above mentioned have to be less than $50. I am going to spin my own fleece and those that I bought or were given to me and learn to dye them to get the results I want.

And I have been reading up on what brings good luck in the new year. Black eyed pea’s, ham, nothing leaving your house on New Year’s Day etc. etc. So what do we have planned for New Year’s Day…we plan to bring things into our house which supposedly will continue throughout the year.

The parents of friends of ours were hit with the flooding that happened in June. The basement was flooded and the moisture ruined the oak parquet floors on the main floor. The furnace, hot water heater etc were lost. They decided to buy a modular and have it placed further back from the river. So the old house has sat and our friends are going to burn it down after their parent’s go down to Florida in January. They asked if we were interested in windows or doors to use in our new house. We went to check and most of the windows and all the interior doors will work. We will have to reframe alittle to be able to use the windows but the savings will be huge. They told us we could take whatever and whatever seems to include the cedar closet and a cedar chest. The chest was laminated and due to the dampness the laminate is peeling off. I want to strip it all off and just sand and poly the surface. There is also a stainless steel sink and counter top which we are going to get to put in the canning kitchen in the basement. Although I appreciate the savings, it was kind of sad knowing that they lost their house. But they said to not look at it like that, but to look at it as if the things we take were getting a new beginning.

To motivate me in the new year, I have joined the Holiday Headstart KAL http://www.spinnerellasattic.typepad.com/holiday_headstart/ in hopes that I will be motivated to do make more gifts and try new things. Something’s I am making just to try a new technique with no recipient in mind but others I know who they will end up with. I have been busy knitting since Christmas. I have done two hats, a pair of crocheted towel tops and baby booties….a headstart on the Headstart? Possibly!!

I wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year. And now I am off to do laundry, clean house and pay bills so that there will be no debt and a clean house in the new year….HAHAHAHAHA Boy am I an optimist!!!!

P.S. Blogger is being a PITA so I can't post pics...again.

No comments: