Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rain

The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency. ~Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons

Monday we had thunder and lightening but no rain. Tuesday evening we had a quick downpour and yesterday started foggy but rainfree. However, last night it started this nice soaking rain, a constant dripping which is great to fall asleep with. It has continued all morning. I had to drive the kids to the bus stop so I got in the car only to realize I had not shut my sunroof! A little shocking to my backside but easily fixed. I am so happy it has finally rained that I couldn't get upset.

Today is my last day of PT for this week. And while sitting here listening to the rain on the roof I hope to finish the star afghan. I only have 5 more rows to go and I have already cast on for the stocking she wants for her bf. Then to conquer my list!

No comments: