Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oh Decisions, Decisions

It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are. ~Roy Disney

I had planned on being at Rhinebeck by now, however for some reason on Friday I started asking myself why I was going. I have four spinning wheels, hand carders, a drum carder, ball winder, swift and all the other paraphernalia. I didn't need a fleece as I have my own. I didn't need roving as I have already paid to have some of my fleeces made into roving for me. I didn't need yarn as I have a ton of it, I spin my own and I could always order what I don't have or what I want on line. I read a lot of blogs but don't usually leave comments so most bloggers don't even know I exist so I am not going to meet other bloggers. Crowds make me nervous so I never do stay long. So why was I going? I would be going for the ride, the time with the man and in the end I would buy things that I really don't need. At first the man argued that we should go, not that he gets anything out of it, but then we agreed we would skip Rhinebeck and go watch the sheep to shawl at the PA Farm Show.

So we stayed home and plan to spend the time together getting things done that will benefit both of us and the family. The man and I have a whole list of things that need to be done, some of which have already been crossed off this morning! Most of the things on the list could have waited but why should they. I complain about not having enough time so why go and waste it doing things that truely I don't need to do. And this weather can not possibly last much longer.

Not to say that fibery things aren't getting done. I took the Hemlock hat off the needles and onto a lifeline....let's just say alot more needs to be done. I finished the cuff on the bf's stocking and stared the leg and even did one repeat of the tree design I am putting in. And I skirted a fleece.

Now I am off to make raspberry chipotle sauce and horseradish sauce while the man is finishing the electric and running the hot water lines in the house. I will experience the NY S&W vicariously through other bloggers and maybe next year feel like going.

No comments: