Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Feeling the inner beast.

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms"
George Eliot

Yesterday my mother called to say the wild turkeys were down in the yard so I went to take some pictures and ended up with this.

The turkeys were on the driveway and my brothers cat decided to get in touch with his inner beast. He was now a lion stalking his prey...

Another cat thought about helping...
Then decided they were bigger than him and took off...
Oh that one looks like he wants to fight. I think I will go over this way and check out the other two said the cat/lion...
"Hey" said the deer. "What's going on over here?"
"Whoa! Is that a lion?" asked the deer...Maybe I better just leave..."But then again you don't look so big" said the deer...
I am not feeling your animal instinct...You don't look so tough either said the cat/lion in a wobbly voice...

I don't think you are a lion said the deer...

OK said the cat. I am not a lion...

Well then you better go say your sorry for scaring Tom Turkey said the deer. OK, Sorry said the now tame cat...Glad I could clear that up now I am off to glean some apples.

To bad I wasn't smart enough to hit the video button instead of just clicking away.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

I wouldn't mess with those horns (er,that rack) either! Great pics!
Good thing your mom called you with the heads up!

I guess you can all rest easy knowing that buck is keeping everyone in line!