Thursday, November 02, 2006

November




















You have to love Maxine! I got her in an email! But moving on to blogger business....
Tuesday I didn’t work on anything fibery like I had wanted. The weather was so nice that I had to be outside. I worked in the garden and greenhouse for a while and then quit to make an early dinner before trick or treating.
Yesterday morning I got sick of hearing the news with the whole Kerry thing, followed by the none stop political ads so I went and set fire to the pile of weeds/plants I pulled the day before. I started pulling the rest of the garden but I hadn’t put on my gloves and I ended up with blisters.








To soothe my aching hands I got out the rest of the first finn fleece and washed that and set it out to dry. Then I pulled out the second fleece and sorted that. I have a small pile set aside to tie in bundles and wash it that way and see the difference. I love these Finn. I think it is actually softer than the cormo roving that I had my cousin pick up for me at the MD S&W.
I did get some weaving done ….

I know it is an awful picture (where is the color?) but I have appts today. I finished this about 10 PM last night. I need to full it, but right now it measures approximately 12 inches by 5 ½ feet. I am in love. I knew this was going to happen which is why I didn’t work on it…I don’t have time for more hobbies even if it is fiber related. I have lists of things I want to do in knitting alone and have so much fiber that needs carding or spinning. If only I could teach the kids to do the warping!!!!

2 comments:

cyndy said...

It is truely beautiful Judy!! I'm sure it is soft and soothing to the hands...(and how many time do I have to tell you)-WEAR YOUR GLOVES!! sorry, I had to nag...
Hope you can teach me how to warp!

Leslie Shelor said...

Soft, lovely fleece as a balm for blisters; why didn't I think of that? I've been playing aroudn with the idea of weaving, too, but I'm afraid I'll love it!