Friday, November 10, 2006

Veterans Day


Today is Veterans Day or at least the observed day and my kids are going to school. I like that they go to school as they are learning about the day and honoring the veterans in a ceremony other than just sitting at home playing a video game.

Our school is honoring a local man that was killed in battle. His graduating class is dedicating a flagpole in his honor this morning and then there is a ceremony for all veterans this evening. Our school district covers almost 350 square miles but I was still surprised at how many graduates have served. They asked my daughter to come but she will not go. She feels she didn't do anything or do enough. I personally think what they do is amazing. I think of where our country would be right now had it not been for them. So Thank You Veterans.

No comments: