Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tonight is Halloween

Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,

Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!"

~Dexter Kozen



The kids were all excited about tonight. The little man is sick though and will not go, so he is upset. I know his darling sister will be glad to share her bounty but it is just not the same. It is not that we go far...we do less than 20 houses because of all the driving and in/out stuff... but it is something they look forward to each year. I like the costume part of it. They have gone as Pebbles and Bambam, bride and groom, towtruck driver w/ truck, shower and a bar of soap, Dorothy, a sack of potatoes and a table with head in frame to look like a picture. Tonight #2 daughter will go as Grandma got run over by a reindeer (her favorite song).

I have been having my own howling good time.....
Yesterday I spun up a bobbin of my own finn

wound it on the ball winder and plied it. I love it! I guess I have to wash up more of it. I spun it into a worsted weight yarn and it is sooo soft.


Then when I finished with that I started weaving on the loom. I am not packing the weft in tight because I want the warp to be seen. I have only done about a 3 foot piece on this before but I loved it. I have tons to learn which is why I haven't done much on it. Time is too tight to learn another addiction. But this goes so fast after you get it warped. I have an idea for a Christmas gift but I need to go buy cotton and finish what I have started. Hopefully it will be done tonight.


I have also started crocheting an afghan for my daughter to give as a present. I told her to buy the yarn and I would make it. I so seriously have got to shut my mouth. She came home with a bag full of yarn. Yes there is enough for an afghan but it is LionBrand Homespun. They make beautiful colors and it is soft, but I hate working with it. She is sending it to a friend she made years ago during basic training that has been sent to Iraq. They go thru a lot worse so I should just quit my b*tching.

Now I am off to get weaving so I can finish today. Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

cyndy said...

The Finn wool looks beautiful! How lucky you are to have your own source! Can't wait to see the weaving...