Saturday, October 28, 2006

Windy Weekend

I hear the wind among the trees
Playing the celestial symphonies;
I see the branches downward bent,
Like keys of some great instrument.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The severe wind that they are predicting has just started to blow. The rain was one thing but the wind makes you glad to be inside where it is warm and something good is cooking. In this cause it is haluski and homemade kielbasa. The kids will appreciate it as they had a soccer tournament in the rain today and they just got home all wet and tired. They have another round tomorrow at noon.

I have had a cold so I didn't go because I didn't want to make it worse. This cold was accompanied by a headache which was actually more irratating than the cold. But after I got rid of the headache I did get somethings done....

such as the trim on the tree skirt

another pair of mittens
and an apple dishcloth
and I got to spin!!! I spun up two bobbins of the gray mohair/BL and plid them and then I spun up the green/purple mohair/BL that I had died. I don't know if I want to navajo ply that or ply it with purple or just use it as a single. But more fibery new... today while the kids were gone I was able to do the math and cut the threads for the rigid heddle loom which I have wanted to work on but didn't find the time. Tongiht I want the man to help me warp it and then I can get working on it. I want to use the gray mohair/BL and I am using a softer gray wool as the warp. I hope it works out.

No comments: