Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The last of the leaves

Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering, one and all;
Over the brown fields they danced and flew,
Singing the glad little songs they knew.
~George Cooper

We got rain this morning and a cold spell is coming so I decided to get what will pry be the last shots of the season. Unless I walk to the top of the mountain on Sunday when there are no hunters in the woods.

The reds...



The yellows...












The oranges...


The greens...

The purples

The white/tan

For your amusement, NOAA just released their predictions for this December to February (You can find your predictions here http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2006/s2716.htm ) My area supposedly has a 33 % chance of being warmer than normal. Now on the precipitation...we have an equal chance, which means there is a 33.3 % chance of it being wetter than normal, a 33.3% chance of it being drier than normal and a 33.3% chance of near normal, very decisive wouldn't you say!

On the fibery front...I finished the "Five hour baby sweater"It took more than five hours for me but it is done. Then I started crocheting a tree skirt. I am on a fiber blah. My mind is seeing all the good things to make, and I am feeling the wool and mohair and loving it but the doing it part has gone on strike. And I mean all parts of it, the knitting, spinning, crocheting, dyeing, carding, you name it. I actually force myself to work on the tree skirt in the morning and when waiting in the car for the kids. But the guys are going on a salmon fishing trip this weekend to Pulaski, NY and little girl wants to go to her friends house at least one night which means I will be alone with no demands for my time...hopefully I will be out of this funk and will get something done. And the leaves will pry be off the tree's and I won't be wasting my time getting pictures!!!

1 comment:

cyndy said...

I love your study in color...and your poems at the beginning of your posts!
The 5 hr. sweater is beautiful...maybe you are on a blah because there is too much going on and you need a break from it all...