Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Deadline

“A perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large.”
Like I need any more drama in my life!!! Oh well I have only myself to blame for this one.
Saturday we went to the man's sister's and BIL's apartment as they are giving us some furniture because they have finished redoing the house he grew up in and the furniture won't fit. The storm was approaching but the sun was trying to fight it's way out. Not to say we don't trust our weatherman but we quickly loaded, got home and unloaded everything. The man left to help get my brother out of a ditch and I got ready for his company Christmas party. We had a good time and left just in the nick of time because as we were driving home it was starting to rain and instantly freeze to the windshield.
Sunday I was busy knitting to reach my deadline. I had finished #1 son's afghan for his gf. I had finished one more stocking and had started this one while it rained, sleeted, snowed and the winds gusted. Today I was able to finish that stocking. This stocking is modeled after a picture on a Christmas card. I wrote about it here I didn't have a pattern so I just fudged it. The limbs on my tree's go down and their's went up but other than that it is as close as I can get.I only have to finish one stocking to be done with what I had planned. However, I might do another hat but I have until the 26 to finish that! Yes a whole extra day! I feel pretty good, I was even able to get the Raspberry Chipotle Sauce done today also! Now I just have to basket and wrap things! It can be done! I have....


No comments: