Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

Last night the man called me outside to see this....The small dot under the moon is Mars. You can read about it here. There is some folklore that says "The nearer the New Moon to Christmas Day, the harder the Winter." I will have to watch and see.
Earlier in the year I had joined a KAL called Holiday Headstart under the delusion that I would not have last minute knitting. Well from previous posts you know how well that went! I was bad and just knit with no idea why or for whom, trying new things. Prior to November I had done two stockings(one for the man and one for #1 son), a keyhole scarf for a friend and one set of crocheted towel tops which will be used for Christmas presents. Somethings were just given away prior to the holidays.
But to get back on course, this left me with alot of work to do and people adding their requests whenever the mood struck them. Enter Ravelry! I am truly in love, so much to inspire-so many people putting their designs out there. It has been my saving grace. So since November I have managed to knit or crochet...
Peekaboo Mitts for #2 son
Afghan for the man's daughter
Afghan for #1 Son's gf
Bread bunting and 2 oak leaf washcloths for sister
Cabled Mitts for #2 daughter
Pocketbook slippers for friends two daughters
Afghan for daughter to give to her friend
Crocheted towel tops for various people
Fidget for friend
Stockings for #2 Son and #2 daughter
Sock Monkey hat for #2 daughter
Ice scraper Mitts for various people
Hat a friend wanted for her son
Stocking for #1 daughters bf
and still on the needles is a hat for #1 daughter's bf. The chart is 1/2 done and it is easy sailing after that. I have knocked somethings off the list, such as cat sweaters for #1 daughter's two cats who never leave the house. I am sure they will thank me for that!
"As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December's bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same. "- Donald E. Westlake
So since the gifts were just about done, yesterday I was stressing over something else. #2 daughter had awoken us with a stomach virus Saturday night and I was worried we would all succumb...so far so good! I stress each year and then last minute it all falls into place. So I am going to follow this advice....
Whatever else be lost among the years,
Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing:
Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears,
Let us hold close one day, remembering
Its poignant meaning for the hearts of men.
Let us get back our childlike faith again. - Grace Noll Crowell
I wish you all A Very Merry Christmas with plenty of time with those you love.

No comments: