Thursday, November 29, 2007

Expectations

I have learnt that I am me,
that I can do the things that,
as one might put it, me can do,
but I cannot do the things that me would like to do.
Agatha Christie

As Christmas draws near (25 days 15 hours and 40 minutes) I find myself adding to what I think I can accomplish. I blame this some what on Ravelry! I could sit and ogle people's projects all day, the different yarns they used and how it changed the final product. I love it!

I have added and added to my que. Some I know will not be done until sometime after Christmas but others entice me in by saying "quick knit". How can you pass that up? A handknit gift which was quick yet is beautiful. I seem to have qued several of these said projects.

Today is a guilt free knitting day so I am bringing The Fidget and some towels to do the Towel Toppers. Both of these are quick projects. I don't have plans for the towels but figure they can be used as a quick gift with two cups and some flavored coffee or in a basket full of our homemade goodies, hence good to have around. Another quick knit that sucked me in but may come in handy are the Ice Scraper Mitts. I changed them both a little from the original pattern to make the top a little smaller and to make one longer. This project used up some scrap yarn which is always a good projectAnother project I found on Ravelry and had to do was the Sock Monkey Hat from Knitty. #2 daughter loves monkeys so this was a must do. I didn't have the ears on when this photo was taken but did remember them in time.Several other gifts have been made this month such as two pairs of Pocketbook Slippers for a friends daughters and others which will be discussed at a later time. So if X marks the spot, I seem to be right on target with what I wish to get accomplished. I finally remembered to order the yarn to finish off the Skipping Stone afghan which should only take a couple of hours. I still need to finish three stockings but I feel confident I can get that done in the next few weeks (knocking on wood) now if I can just stay off Ravelry or if pattern designers wouldn't make things I like, I will be okay.


2 comments:

cyndy said...

You are such a productive little elf! The ice scraper mitts turned out well, and the monkey hat is just toooo cute! Your needles must be on fire!

Leslie Shelor said...

Ravelry is getting me into serious trouble, too! Love the scraper mitts; what a terrific idea, and the monkey hat is darling!