Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Three in One

A three day post all in one....

Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering, one and all;
Over the brown fields they danced and flew,
Singing the glad little songs they knew.~George Cooper

And such was Wednesday when I started this post. But then the electric blinked and the computer shut down and I didn't go back to it.

Listen ...With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, break free from the trees
And fall. ~ Adelaide Crapsey, 1878-1914, November Night

And such was Thursday when we awoke to 19 degrees. The dogs sat and looked up into the woods barking...the sound of the falling leaves was freaking them out. The birds finally found the feeder and made hogs of themselves. They were back at 7 AM today. I love watching them fly to and fro. There is one Tufted Titmouse who is the bully of the birdfeeder which I don't like but what I am suppose to do about that, tell him I am gonna sic my cat on him?!

Anyhow what tidbit of knowlege, quote from history or epitome do I have for today?.....

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. ~ Anonymous

Haha! Oh well, I have so much to do and I need to categorize those things I need to do and those that I want to do, both homewise and fiberwise. While tiptoe-ing around Ravelry it is so easy to picture yourself as the Super (Wo)man of the Needles but alas time is my kryptonite. However I did find time to knit up a stocking for #1's boyfriend. Rotten picture, my own "design". I used the cable from the fingerless mitts but used 6 stitches instead of 4, did a k1 sl1 for some heel eye candy, but I don't like the toe and it looks even worse in the picture because of the angle and color. Hence don't "design" unless you know what the hell you are doing! Oh well he won't knowI found another project that is a must do for Christmas.....
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTsockmonkey.html #2 daughter is crazy about monkeys. I have everything but the main color...ain't that the way it always is? So now I have to find something else to fill the needles...luckily I have a bunch qued! But first the list.....


2 comments:

cyndy said...

The stocking looks beautiful! And the toe is fine just the way it is!

You are amazing how you can just knock this stuff out...designing as you go! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell him, mom.