Monday, November 19, 2007

The First Snow Day

See the pretty snowfakes
Falling from the sky;
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.
On the window ledges,
On the branches bare;
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.
Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen.
Now the bare black bushes
All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden, --
What a pretty sight!
We awoke to a winter wonderland again today. Come March this will be so tiresome but for now I am still enjoying the novelty of it. I even got to take a walk in it before 7:30 AM. It is so quiet and clean. I should have been inside getting something accomplished but sometimes things just have to wait while you rejuvinate.

The kids have their first snow day today. They only go for 2 1/2 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday because of teacher conferences. Then they have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday off so they are pumped! #2 Daughters birthday is today but she wasn't going to go to school anyhow as she came home from her dad's with a 102 degree fever. She is ensconced in her bed with the laptop and a cup of hot cocoa made from scratch as that is the only way she will drink it. Yes she is spoiled but she is sick and it is her b-day so spoiling is in order.

I found it hard to believe I hadn't updated in a week. The days are passing so quickly. On Saturday as I was working in the garden doing more cleanup I realized the seed catalogs would be coming in December. While driving to town we saw so many homes with Christmas lights already lit and one with a tree in the window. I am in no need to rush things as I have too much to do as it is.

Sunday we went to visit the man's sister and BIL. They are moving and doing a major downsizing and had some extra furniture they wanted to give us first dibs on. We need to go pick it up before Christmas. She bought a brand new living room set about a year ago and it won't fit in their new digs! It is beautiful, hopefully we will be in the house by then.

In the fiber area, I have been washing fleece and intend to send it out to be carded, I just don't have the time. I also finished the second star afghan and started on some other projects. The kids being home really ruins my concentration so cuts into the knitting time. What I need is a mindless knit.

Tomorrow I have some guilt free knitting time in the morning where I hope to get alot accomplished. My sister is coming home tomorrow so I will also have car knitting time while going to the airport. At this time of year you fit it in where you can!
Now I am off to get a turkey out of the freezer otherwise it will never thaw in time. And it looks like the birds need their feeders filled.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get to see snow. Hopefully the roads are clear for your trip to pick me up. Can't wait to get there. HUGS