Saturday, September 08, 2007

Simple Living

The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple.- Doris Janzen LongacrekiWouldn't it be wonderful to just glide along on a lake like that? There are days that I feel like I am gliding and then there are others when I feel the current is taking me away from where I wish to be.

Yesterday was one of those days. I had plans for canning and then dinner with #2 daughter. I got a call asking me to sit at a house and wait while the plumber came and did a job. I said I would do it but wasn't that excited about it as I was thinking about all the stuff at home to get done but other than the canning it all got done and while I was sitting at the other house I was able to finish an afghan.This is the afghan for #1's BF. I have cast on how many and she didn't like this or that and I ended up frogging them or making them into lapghans. This time I didn't tell her I cast on but told her that it was finished and if she didn't like it to give it to the Salvation Army but that it was the last one I was making. It has all the colors from the various ones I started...I think I have enough to do another but won't tell her that!

Today I am going to cast on for #2 daughter's stocking. I might have to dye some wool.
And speaking of dyed wool. I had dyed this a while ago and finally got it spun and plied.

Also in the cards for today is finishing off the tomatoes, picking the broccoli and beans and I might start pulling the squash. Tomorrow is Endless Mt. - I can not wait.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Wow- how could anyone not love that Afghan, wait till he sees it!!

And your yarn is really full of autumn color--beautiful!