Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ma D

A tear at my-death is like raindrops for the stars, as I believe in life not death.....
Someday, you may catch a glimpse of a butterfly landing on a flower. Or of a bird softly settling on a branch. It may be me......

That is part of a verse on Ma D's prayer card. Ma D died on Monday and was buried yesterday. Ma D is my friends mom who has battled alzheimer for years. I use to spend every weekend at her house so she was like my second mom. The past 1.5 years I have been helping my friend when ever there is a free moment, redo that same house. However, it has been five years since Ma D was in the house as she has been in a nursing home because it became dangerous to keep her at home. She woke up one night and did not remember her husband and tried stabbing the "robber" that was in her bed. She was never told that her husband died 19 months ago as she had not remembered him in years and it upset her if you told her she had a husband.

Today Ma D's granchildren were swimming with my kids and an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail was flitting around for most of that time. It is nice to think that it was her.

3 comments:

cyndy said...

Her spirit will live on in your heart--and she would be touched by your lovely thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Ma D's spirit must have been talking to me Sunday and Monday. I found a CD of hymns and the first song was Rock of AGes, one of her favorites and I believe the one she sang at Dad funeral. I sang it all Sunday morning and Monday evening before I went to bed. She loved to sing and had a lovely voice. Give a hug to our friends from me.

Tammy said...

"A butterfly lights beside us, like a sunbeam....
And for a brief moment it's glory and beauty belong to our world...
But then it flys on again and although we wish it could have stayed...
We are so thankful to have seen it at all." -unknown author

Sorry for your loss Judy...
Hugs2u
Tam