Monday, March 17, 2008

Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig ~ Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Dear Lord,
Give me a few friends
who will love me for what I am,
and keep ever burning
before my vagrant steps
the kindly light of hope...
And though I come not within sight
of the castle of my dreams,
teach me to be thankful for life,
and for time's olden memories
that are good and sweet.
And may the evening's twilight
find me gentle still.
~Irish Prayer

Who can really ask for more than that? We partook of the usual corn beef, cabbage, potatoes/carrots and homemade irish soda bread and I for one am stuffed. #1 Daughter came for dinner and it was great to see her.
Not much in the way of fiber got done today but I did take pictures of the round rug and the felted purse. I tried felting the one part by hand and then threw it in the washer again but it still shows the weave structure more than the rest of it. I will have to line the inside so things don't fall through. I am thinking of taking the crocheted straps off also as I don't like them. I will have to think of something else.
Now I plan to watch a movie and hopefully work on the socks as I would like to have them finished by Friday.
I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day.


1 comment:

cyndy said...

"As you slide down the banister of life, may all the splinters be pointin in the right direction!"

Curious thing about that felted bag!

Love the rug...you do such nice work, and SO FAST!