Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tomatoes

It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard
We all know the first tomatoes out of the garden got eaten in a matter of moments. Once everyone stops gobbling them up as soon as they are picked or once the garden starts giving you more than little ones you get to make a tomato sandwich.

Toast, mayonaise, thick tomato slices, fresh ground black pepper and a small shake of salt. All is right in my world no matter what. Each bite a delight to the taste buds, while the mind wanders to thoughts of happiness. Yes I know my mind wanders without the tomato sandwich....work with me here people, work with me! Where was I? Oh yes, the sheer joy, the bliss of it. In that brief time you can forget a multitude of things. But then while you are swallowing the last vestiges of heaven on earth, as you are licking the juices of the tomatoes and crumbs from your finger tips reality comes crashing down and you remember....that your son just came riding home on this....a 2002 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja and then he tells you, he bought it, insured it, had it delivered to a friends and is driving it without a permit because he couldn't wait until he got one! And that it can go 180 mph...WHY???

I need another tomato sandwich ASAP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the zx9r is a great bike. I like the colours on yours. I have the same bike different colour ( traditional green/ black) and was impressed how much kawasaki motor bike insurance was. for the power I would think you would have to pay more.