Sunday, August 12, 2007

The first canning of the season

Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.- Anonymous
In the spring I always plant way too much. I am so eager to harvest something...anything! Then when it all starts coming in at once I ask myself what drugs I was on when I planted it all!
The first jam (blackberry) just got made and the first salsa. Some for us and some will become gifts. #1 daughter took some home with her already!
I have more broccoli and beans that the man and I picked tonight that I need to blanch and freeze tomorrow. And I still need to dig the potatoes. My back better be ready!

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Your salsa looks so yummy! I want to learn your recipe, hint hint!

We have been harvesting the taters slowly..they are perfect!