Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fallen Leaf

A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye.– Author Unknown
Last week I was at Cyndy's and she said "Did you see the goldenrod blooming?" I said "Shhhhhhh!" Goldenrod is an indicator plant meaing it indicates the end of the growing season in our area. It is a turning point. I told her I didn't want to hear it as that same day I was walking down the road and saw this....
Then I turned on the computer and the Old Farmer's Almanac said "If the first week in August is unusually warm, the winter will be white and long." It has been in the 90's and is suppose to be the same this coming week. I sent an email to Cyndy with this tidbit of folklore and she writes back "Shhhhhhhh!"

Then while driving into town I saw this...
and this.....
I found myself driving down the road looking at leaves, trying to determine how many more had changed color. It finally dawned on me that I was missing the now worrying about tomorrow. I still have lots of summer to enjoy. So let the leaves fall when or where ever they may. I haven't canned my first tomatoes yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sis. Hope you had a WONDERFUL day despite the impending fall. Can't wait to see some of your new projects.

cyndy said...

Schhhhhhh!!

Ain't it weird that the leaves are changing color with all this heat? Maybe it is their way of saying, "enough already...bring on the you know what....." shhhhhh!!!

hope your BD was good and happy!