Friday, April 28, 2006

Week summed up

Today I learned that the huge flag that had been hung on the side of the mountain, in honor of a Marine that recently lost his life in Iraq, was ripped down in pieces. Then while reading the Hugs Group posts I read this....Poor is the nation that has no heroes. Poorer still is the nation that has them and forgets" I hope that this town never forgets and that another flag will be put back up if not in that spot than in another.

In happier news I finished another bobbin of the Jacob roving. I have wanted to start spinning the finn/alpaca mix I bought from Grace http://antique-spinning-wheels.blogspot.com/ It is so soft compared to the Jacob. So far I have persevered, we will see what the weekend holds.
I have also started to knit a ponchette, capelet what ever. I have about 5-6 inches done on it. Very easy except for some cabling on a front panel, not that it is hard, it just makes you watch what you are doing for a second.

In the garden, some plants got transplanted as they had become a problem in the old area. The biggest thing to happen was that it got rototilled.

I got a call from my niece that I will be staying with for the MD S&W. She recently celebrated a birthday and said all she wanted was trees for her yard. So I have decided to buy a PA tree to take down to her, PA being her state of birth. I have also decided to go to my Grandmothers house and dig up some columbine, cowslip, peonies and whatever else I can find still growing over there. These plants have stood the test of time and three generations, hopefully they will survive her black thumb! Almost all the plants in my yard are from my grandmothers, mothers or friends yards.

And saving the best for last....two duffel bags have returned home and a foot locker is on it's way!!!!!! YAHOO!!!! Time is ticking down!!! She thinks she might be sent back to MS for debriefing...I don't care, just as long as she is back on US soil I will be fine. Funny that I wrote that, a friend today told me that means f***ked up, insecure, neurotic and emotional. I think that would sum up anybody with someone over sea's.

No comments: