Saturday, April 22, 2006

Earth Day

Mother Earth is giving a great big sigh of relief right about now. She is singing "Oh what a relief it is!" It has been so dry that the counties have issued burning bans. But last night it started to rain and it has continued today. We are suppose to get two inches.

I went and picked up the rototiller from the service place this morning and now I have to cool my heels until the ground gets dry enough. The cabbage is up and some of the tomatoes.

The other night we sheared the goat. What a difference having the right/sharpened tools makes. We used a great pair of shears of Mom's with new blades from Caprine Supply www.caprinesupply.com What awesome service extremely quick shipping. He was done and over with in 15 minutes. And what beautiful tweedy looking mohair yarn it will make. It is all different shades of gray. I am going to send it out to get processed into roving as I don't have the time right now. I got two of the three rabbits done also.

Other than handling the fiber animals I have the shrug done except for 3 inches of 2x2 ribbing which I should be doing now while everyone is gone!

No comments: