Friday, April 07, 2006

I am free

JWB's funeral was today. During the ceremony an eagle flew over and then flew away. I was talking to his mother and she said on the way to the funeral home two days in a row an eagle was sitting in the same tree on the same branch as they drove by. As he watched over America I guess the American eagle was now watching of him. They made up a collage with this poem in the middle..... http://www.antelope-ebooks.com/RELIGIOUS/free.html I met the Marines that were his honor guards. When they found out Jess was Army they asked if I knew what that stood for and I said no and they happily told me it stood for Ain't Ready to be a Marine Yet. They told me to tell her that when she called next time...I can only imagine what she is going to say!!! But on the flip side a Navy guy gave them a ziploc of bread crumbs to find their way back as some of them got lost. Told them that was why the Navy took them every where! Touche' Good hearted rivalry.

In fiber I have gotten about 1/3 of the shrug done, spun a bobbin of mohair and a bobbin of some stuff I dyed a while ago. And I got some more packed and the kids are doing their rooms tomorrow. Work on the house which was put on hold this week will begin with the new one. And as the weather is getting colder again I being the back assward person that I am is thinking of finally getting something started in the greenhouse.

3 comments:

cyndy said...

Thanks for posting the link to the poem Judy...it was beautiful...

Judy said...

Someone also wrote a poem for the family which was beautiful and they had it out for everyone to read. It was copied so everyone in the family would have one.

Judy said...

Someone also wrote a poem for the family which was beautiful and they had it out for everyone to read. It was copied so everyone in the family would have one.