Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I have finally planted something! Mom and I have been outside working in our yards, listening to the birds and getting lots done.

Yesterday I moved inside the greenhouse and got some broccoli and tomatoes planted before we went for a walk. Today I need to plant some more tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage and pepper.


We got a little rain which made a double rainbow but wasn't enough to stop the burn ban from going into effect. I knew this burn ban was coming but that didn't motivate me to rake the leaves out of the pond garden until yesterday when I was no longer allowed to burn them. Now I have to haul most of them away as it is too much for my compost bins. Then the full moon came out and that made a pretty picture.
In fiber I got the second bobbin spun and ready to go on the loom and I got 1/2 the sleeve knit on the shrug. Fiber is always struggling for attention when Spring comes. The fact that I hate to wear gloves when in the garden also makes it hard to handle the fiber. I do use gloves when pulling the briar only because I am not into pain. Each time I go out I put them on but then I have to get a better grip or something and off they come and I walk out of the garden with hands looking like a roofers.
The younger kids left for the weekend and that makes me home for this holiday with no kids. I can't wait till next year when we will all be together again. Only 10 weeks (73 days actually) to go before we are all together and then they can all start squabbling again. It is much easier to deal with than the tears. The younger ones send her emails and she calls me saying tell them to stop sending sad emails. I said what do they say..and she says they write I love you and miss you, when will you be home! I think someone is a bit oversensitive right now and time is ticking too slow for her but after 1 1/2 years of not being home I guess that is to be expected. This is why she is the armored marshmellow, tough as nails on the outside but mush on the inside.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Things are really looking good around the Happy Acres! Love the swallows...and your double rainbow!
2 pots o' gold!
Happy Easter Judy!