Monday, April 24, 2006

FO's from a Wet Weekend


The man took the kids to the Shriner's Circus with the Boy Scouts on Saturday. I didn't go because we had a small guest staying over and the tickets were already purchased, so I stayed home and finished the shrug. Their favorite part was where the elephant sat on a kid and the kid was fine. Our neighbor was a Shriner and I use to go to all their picnic's with him and his wife. They were like my grandparents. I made my first crocheted project at her house. It was a doily for my mother in red. I did an embroidery project there also, which hangs at my mom's. They even took me to Montana with them for a pow-wow. A long long time ago.

Anyhow I did the ribbing, the lace on the cuffs and then sewed it together (need practice there). But it is done except for the steam blocking they call for.










Then I got in the mood to spin. It's odd how the moods strikes and I have to spin, nothing else satisfies me until I get in front of that wheel. So I wound off the yarn jokingly called bozo vomit and I plied the mohair I had spun up and came up with 125 yards of 2 ply at 14 wpi.









Then I moved on to the Jacob roving I got from Copper Moose. I wanted to do a lopi style but it wanted to be spun thin. I had an idea in mind for this yarn but the color was more gray in the ad than what I got so maybe it is best it didn't spin to what I wanted. Even in this pic it looks gray but it is really brown with gray in it.

We also took the kids to see Ice Age 2 the Meltdown. They loved it. Our guest had never been to the movie theater before so for her it was a grand adventure. She loved it!

And now the kids are back in school again, Boy Scouts tonight, school play on Wednesday, Girl Scouts on Thursday and then we will be back to the weekend again and both kids in the Bike Hike on Saturday. But for now I am going to go ply the jacob before the sun comes out and puts me back in the garden.

The above was written yesterday but Blogger was being a pain in the tush to be nice. Since then the bobbin has been filled, the yarn plied into 175 yards and the pea's have been planted. Oh and I was on IM with Jess for almost 2 hours. I love that thing but I like hearing her voice more....61 more days.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Wow! That elephant sitting on the kid is amazing! And your FO's are beautiful..love the shrug...the cuffs are esp. nice! ...and I didn't know you got to go to a pow wow in Montana??!! The things you learn about a person from their blog...;-)