Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Morning Stroll

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.  ~John Muir


For no reason I awoke with the desire to go for a walk.  I packed lunches for the man and kids, sent them on their way and grabbed my camera.


The sun had still not burnt off the fog, leaving everything in a haze.




The temps were agreeable, the air scented with wild rose and mock orange.




I walked to the music of the stream and the birds






with the rabbits for company.


Memories taking me back into a time when this fence post was installed.




Keeping an eye out for the doe and her fawn that left these tracks.




I got back home and was greeted with newly hatched ducklings.




I can understand why Henry David Thoreau said "An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."   I have to get back in the habit of doing this each day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, a morning walk really is a great way to begin the Day. Lew and I did that often. Now, it's almost impossible for me to do, so enjoy them for as long as you can.

The ducklings are adorable. Brought back some good memories. :)