Tuesday, February 02, 2010

2010 Groundhog Day

"Away in a meadow all covered with snow

The little old groundhog looks for his shadow
The clouds in the sky determine our fate
If winter will leave us all early or late."
- Don Halley

And it has been determined that we will have six more weeks of winter.  We are due for some snow tonight and we might get some this weekend so I had pretty much devised that without his assistance. We have not really got hit hard...yet.  It did not stop me from getting some pictures of the first inklings of Spring while I was out and about.

The daffodils, which the chickens will peck at as soon as they find them.
The snow drops
And if you look real close, I tried putting in arrows, it is the start of the bleeding heart.
I am okay with waiting.  I have lots to do before it arrives...like more spinning.
But really starting Sunday the man is taking a weeks vacation so that we can start getting things set up for when real Spring does arrive.  Maybe we will even get the tree down.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Judy, you are so lucky to be seeing little green things popping up. I figure another 2 months and maybe we will. Love the background on your blog! So cute!

Linda