Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Autumn marches on

By ripping cheeks,
with cold breeze,
with twitter of sparrows,
Autumn came! ~ Mula Veereswara Rao

And she is showing her strength today-it is windy! While standing at #2 son's football game the other night, I thought winter had passed autumn by! When we arrived the sun was shining down on the lake beyond the field and it wasn't too bad. Then the sun set, the winds picked up a little and the sun's warmth disappeared...quickly. It got dark, the lights came on on the field and I froze. By the time the game was over I could not wait to get to the car and turn on the heat. It is time to bring mittens to the games.

I spun and plied the roving I dyed the other day. It is strange multi-color but I like it. I might have to make mittens out of that later on. #2 daughter put in a request for mittens in school colors..one purple on one hand and white on the other.

My hands were purple but not from mittens. A friend and I did up the red cabbage. The nine heads we bought made 60 pints and 3 quarts of sweet and sour cabbage. I feel like this bee, trying to get as much out of summer's bounty as possible.

3 comments:

cyndy said...

trying to get as much out of summer's bounty as possible.

I'd say you have been successful!

Anonymous said...

I've never had sweet n sour cabbage, so now you have me wondering how it is. It sure looks lovely.

It looks like you had fun with the dye pots. A little splash here, another there. I can't wait to see how it knits up after you have spun it. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Acres, as well as Daisyland look really good and they have a functional interface that brings quick access to all the features. One might argue that Happy Acres has a better interface Happy Acres
because it doesn’t bug you to invite people to the game like Daisyland does, instead it focuses on bringing a more welcoming interface where you can explore the farm without restrictions.