Wednesday, May 21, 2008

7+ days of Rain

I'm singin' in the rain,
Just singin' in the rain,
What a glorious feelin,
I'm happy again!
I'm laughing at couds,
So dark, up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love.
Let the stormy clouds chase
Ev'ryone form the place,
Come on with the rain,
I've a smile on my face.
I'll walk down the lane
With a happy refrain,
And singin', just singin'
In the rain

It's day seven of rain with more in the forecast, so I figured if you can't beat them join them! Instead of being mad because I can't get in the garden I have to think of what the rain is doing for the hay fields...maybe the price will go down! Instead of thinking of the lawn growing knee high already, I will think of how much free mulch I will have to put around the garden plants. And I am saving gas by not mowing! We had temps go down to 33.9 on Monday night but we did not get frost. And lest you think nothing is getting done let me tell you we work between the raindrops! On today's agenda is a trip to the feed store and making blackberry jam with berries that we froze last summer. We get to them eventually!

Starting this week the man had to report to work earlier, which leaves me doing the morning chores alone. At first I thought I would miss him mucking, feeding and haying the animals with me as that is when we discuss the upcoming day. However, because he did have to leave for work the morning chores were rushed. I quickly found doing the morning chores alone to be the equivalent of that cup of coffee after everyone leaves the house in the morning-very relaxing! With the animals being further out in the field now they don't hear when you first arrive. I am able to get most of the chores done before they realize I am there. Then while they are eating I take pictures or just observing and when they finish their feed they come over for their scratches and some loving. I have NOT told the man how much I enjoy this time as he would have me doing the evening chores alone also! Momma didn't raise no fools!

And yesterday we had a doctor appointment so I was able to knit for the first time in about a week! I took the front of the poncho with me, messed up the cable, ripped it all out and started over by excluding the cable. Tomorrow we have a PET scan appointment which usually takes a while so I will hopefully get it finished. As Martha would say -that's a good thing.

No comments: