Thursday, February 07, 2008

This weather is for the ducks!

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather just different kinds of good weather. -- John Ruskin
The day before we had snow eating fog. Yesterday's weather was for the ducks as it rained and flooded the yard. We even had thunder and lightning last night. To say things are slightly damp is an understatement! There are puddles everywhere and the rivers have risen.

When I let the ducks out yesterday they were in heaven. A puddle is so much better than taking a bath in the roasting pan which is what they use during the winter. Excuse the wobbling, when you move 1/4 in zoom mode it looks like you are shaking your head!


So while the ducks froliced I went to the Post Office and picked up my splurges...The book Selbuvotter http://www.selbuvotter.com/ and a skein of Arequipa in Storm from Ball and Skein-http://ballandskein.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_5_7 400 yards of yummy alpaca and silk lace weight yarn to be used for the Ice Queen when I get the guts. I have to finish on going projects before I start another one but I can read and I did - which is why the on going projects didn't get done! The Odessa is getting there, I only have 9 more rows to go.During a lull in the rain, I went to pick up my uncle to bring him to my mother's house for the day. I pulled right up to her door, got out of the car by her flower bed and saw this... I said I wouldn't go looking for Spring and I didn't, this one just slapped me in the face. Then walking home I saw this in a tree...I can not be sure but it does have the shape of a robin doesn't it?

1 comment:

finnsheep said...

Loved the ducky video!