Monday, February 11, 2008

Old Man Winter

“This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof.”~Neil Gaiman

I seem to have offended Old Man Winter by saying I saw signs of Spring as he has come back with a vengence. This AM is officially the coldest day this season with wind chills of -20 to -30.

Add to this, tomorrow it is going to start snowing between 7-10 AM and not end until Wednesday afternoon. I did say I was not ready to go work in the garden so I am okay with the snow but the temps....I could have done without them and the mass of starlings which have descended upon the feeders this morning

The kids now have a two hour delay. Tomorrow they will either cancel school or release them at 11 and Wednesday they will either have a two hour delay or cancel. This will not be the best time to start the Ice Queen as it will not be a mindless knit for me. So at least for now this is as close as I will be getting to beautiful ice...
I did finish Odessa and I finished another pair of peekaboo mitts. The mitts are for #1 daughter of course. I knit them in white and now they are in a kool aid dye to make them purple. Some work was done on Oliver as well. He is not forgotten.

It was a productive weekend-we went to the pinewood derby and came out to find the roads slicked up from a quick snow squall, we had sleepovers, got the total estimate for work on the car finally, did work on the house and shopping for the house. And while out shopping we drove by this.... the first time it has been below $3 in a long time! Yes I am easily entertained, little things do excite me.

2 comments:

cyndy said...

I enjoy your "on the road" photos.

I always try to figure out where you are exactly! Esp. when the gas is below $3.00

Anonymous said...

The frost on the window is beautiful. I had forgotten how intricate the designs can be. That is a spectacular shot.