Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rainy Days

God made rainy days, so gardeners could get the housework done.- Author Unknown

Or so that they could read a book! Yes I was one of the people running to the store Saturday to grab my copy of Harry Potter. I didn't get to read any of it on Saturday.

Sunday we were able to get the lawns mowed and weed whacking done. Late that afternoon I started reading.
Yesterday when I woke up it was raining so after I got the man off I picked the book up and didn't lay it down again until I was done. I emerged about 1 PM yesterday, turned on the computer and went thru the emails, cleaned house and started another afghan. I was happy to be working on something that was going to keep someone warm because it was a cold day.
#1 Daughter has asked for an afghan for her BF. I have started several and then she doesn't like them. So they picked out the yarn....when it arrived she didn't like it as the colors were different close up than on the computer. She wanted a crocheted shadow box but the blue looked dirty and it didn't look good with that pattern so I switched to a double strand, one blue and one cream. I started knitting last night and if she doesn't like it tough...I do remember saying that before....I have three afghans that are about 1/2 way done that I started for her. I need to finish them and get them out of my way as they take up alot of space.

And no I haven't spun...maybe today after I check what all that rain did to the garden

No comments: