Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Hoodie Hoo Day!

Here is what I have read ….

On this winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo".It is a day to chase away winter and bring in spring. After all, everyone in the northern hemisphere is sick and tired of winter at this point and a little crazy being cooped up inside all winter and not seeing the sun.

“Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” ~ Victor Hugo

And I would assume that seeing people yelling Hoodie Hoo and waving their arms would make people laugh.

For all intents and purposes, it hasn’t been a bad winter. December was warm, January was the first or second warmest in history. February has been cold with no snow other than on Valentine’s Day. So I can’t really say we have cabin fever but I am tired of the winds which zap every ounce of warmth out of you. I do not think there has been a day above freezing this month. But we are due to get a warm up and there is only 28 days until Spring.

So at noon I'll go do my part -after all, I need the excercise and my neighbors already think I am crazy!

No comments: