Thursday, March 02, 2006

Time flew by


The time flew by and #1 left yesterday. I was doing fine before we left for the airport, got on the internet and her friend sent me a post that she wrote on her myspace and that's when I lost it. She said I could post it so here it is......

how do you tell your best friend that they are an inspiration to you ? that amongst all the difficulties you run from in your own life, they are meaningless when set next to the difficulties they have faced in their life? when someone offers them a way out of returning to iraq, they say thanks but return to stand beside their fellow soldiers still over seas. how do i sit here and cry over an overflowing washing machine when i know she is facing terrorists determined to take her life ,and returns to fight willingly. i am grateful that jessica was able to come home and spend time with us for a few short weeks, and i know that she will return home safely in june for good. but right now i know she has to go back to that aweful place... she leaves tomorrow. and all i want to do is hide her so she can't leave. I know that she wouldn't feel right because she'd feel like she deserted everyone who is still there. she is such a good friend so strong and caring , i sometimes wish i could be there by her side, but i know that i would never survive. i'm not half as strong as she is. i just want my jessica to know how much i look up to her, and how much she inspires me everyday. she has a light inside her.. one that is infectious and genuine. i just want her to shine on.. i want her to stay bright and hopeful until she returns for good. because i know that no one wants her to leave. i know that she doesn't want to leave for the same reasons she knows she must. she cares so much for everyone in her life and right now her friends in iraq need that little firecracker to keep them going. so i will continue to shine with her. if one goes out we fall apart. i know that she would not let me fall.

Made me cry and still does. It's good to know your kids have friends that care about them so much and one that can express so eloquently everything you yourself feel. But we got her to the airport and we were able to go thru security and wait with her to board. Stayed there till she flew away. Her Army buddie's dad told me to read Psalm 91 so I came home and read it. Here it is.... http://www.houseofrefuge.com/psalm91.htm I also found out that "good bye" which they say not to say because it sounds so final really is an etymolgy for "God be with you" so Good bye baby girl see ya in June.

I called her twice before she was out of the USA. Last time I spoke to her she was checking out guys in Atlanta GA airport! Somethings never change!

The HUGS group had a raffle of homemade donated items last year and was talking about doing another this September. I have decided to make a shawl that they can raffle off. I already emailed one of the people who donated last year and she recommended a neutral color. Now I just have to decide what fiber to use and how I want to do it. Leno lace, basketweave, twill, plaid? Gives me something else to think about but is still #1 related.

So the kids are home from school and the snow is piling up. Should go shovel or do housework but I think I'll just veg with them today. I think Bambi 2 was on their agenda.

1 comment:

debey said...

judy...
i've been reading thru your blog...which i found thru cyndy...found her via sarah(germany)...spending some time, hanging around here the last few days, sure has brings back memories...i've wiped a few tears &laughed &remember when....thanks for sharing your life, on line...your ARMY daughter is in my prayers, this must be hard for her, also...i sent cyndy some links for websights....