Monday, March 20, 2006

SPRING

Spring is here, or at least will be at 1:26. Saw this quote and thought that it was pretty appropriate. “The first day of Spring is one thing the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month” Henry Van Dyke With an expected high of only 37 and 10 -20 mile per hour winds and snow showers it doesn’t feel like spring. This works out pretty good though as I have lots of stuff inside to keep me busy.

Went out Friday to help a friend and we ended up stopping at a store called the Trading Post. Now for all intents and purposes this is a hardware store with lots of gadgets. I walked out of the store with...yarn. KoolWool by Lionbrand, in charcoal and claret. A discontinued line that they are selling for $4.95/skein on their site and I got for $1.99/skein. I got enough to make two 6 foot shawls so will end up with one of each color or a plaid, I have yet to decide.

We decided the house is going to be similar to this…
http://www.shortenhomes.com/cape/capehampton.htm. Ours will have two dormers instead of three but they will be a little wider. The work will start soon but for now we are doing all the decision making. Saturday we went shopping for flooring, doors, windows, countertops, kitchen cabinets etc, etc, etc. I have waited 10 years for this house and I am soooooo not enjoying the whole process. I don't want to think of where to hang each light/light switch. In my happy world someone would automatically know what I want and blink it would all be done. I hate shopping. I go in with my list, get what i want and I am out of there. Do I miss out on some good deals...yes. Do I not see some things when they first come out...yes. Do I care....no. I do know I am going to have to buy a whole lotta "calming chamomile" tea to get me thru this.

One problem is my tastes are going to change. What if I get a green countertop and then I start to hate green? But on the other hand I don't want to live in a white zone because I am afraid of picking out a color. My children would quickly add some color to all that white and I know for sure I would not like those colors.

Second problem is when I finally make a decision like on shingles (they talked me out of a tin roof) I picked Colonial by Owens Corning. I picked this because it is a menagerie of colors so I am not really making a decision on one but picking them all. Well they are out of them…until when?...nobody knows. So after a day I picked out a kitchen and bath faucet. I tried putting up pics of them but blogger isn't taking them.

I know that when it is all said and done I will be extremely happy and I know that I am extremely lucky. I think it is the fact that I am finally getting what I want that makes me scared to make the wrong decision now.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Gosh Judy- It looks beautiful! I am so happy for you!