Thursday, March 09, 2006

Warm Weather Cometh

Last Friday I spun and spun and spun and gave myself a case of repetitive motion syndrome. I need to spread my spinning time out more but when I get the time I get the time. So I have stopped spinning until it feels all better and have only knit a little.

I made a sock. Yes I have done this before but I made the sock pattern too combining three other sock patterns. I saw different parts of socks but one was toe up (never did) one had the "stars" the way I like but I didn't like the stripes on that one and all I had in red, white and blue was woolease yarn. I wrote down instructions as I went and now I have to go back and change some as the star part is a little tight because of the stranding and should have been done in a bigger needle. I have the revised one on the needles. I started this while sitting in the emergency room with the oldest son. He was playing basketball last night and hurt his ankle. He went home, showered and went to bed. Needless to say he didn't go to work this AM. He called me and had me take him to the hospital. He has a severe sprain and a fibula avulsion fracture and nice fancy blue boot to wear. Now the #3 child is complaining of an earache which will mean another 50 mile round trip to the doctor's tomorrow...more knitting time.

Tuesday a big yellow truck that couldn't find it's way to my house called and asked if we would meet him for the delivery. Curt got back with a big package in the back of the truck. I know good things come in small packages but this is a great one. It was my greenhouse. He went right to work, cursed a few (read alot) but the frame is up and the panels go in tomorrow. Which isn't soon enough for me seeing as how green things are popping up all over. We are suppose to have 60 degree weather tomorrow!

Earlier in the week we took down the old greenhouse and picked up stuff that had blown all over during it's demise. I was also able to pull out the last tray of black walnuts and go thru them. Hopefully I will be able to make black walnut brittle this weekend. But then again why spend the "nicest weekend since November" inside?

I heard this is the 5th warmest winter on record. The weather man also showed a graph of snow fall. The last two times we only had less than 30 inches of snow, the following winter we had 80-90 inches. Which means I need to get started in the greenhouse so I can stock the shelves for next winter. The only downside it this cuts into the fiber fun.

No comments: