Friday, April 08, 2005

TGIF

Took JT to the ear nose and throat doctor on Wednesday and he doesn't need his tonsils and adnoids taken out but does need tubes put in his ears. They have planned this for May 10th. JT is scared and I quote "don't know why we have to hear anyhow".

Got to clean out the green house garden last Friday and Mom and I worked on the main garden this week but still lots to do before Curt can rototill. The fact we had 4 inches of rain held us off a little too.

On the farm front. Jingles is doing fine in his new home. Houdini hasn't gotten out (knock on wood) the ducks are sitting on eggs and the rooster is going to meet the stock pot real soon because he is starting to attack his owners. (Dumb rooster) We got 240 brown eggs, 39 white eggs and 105 duck eggs in March. The duck egg number is really higher than stated as I didn't count what she has in the nest.
Now we have to clean pig pen and pour cement floor, roto all the gardens, haul manure to main garden, start plants in greenhouse, redo fence line in barb wire instead of electric....I need more Curts!!!!

In the fiber area....I am blahing. I have a purple (Jess's purple) on the loom, spun up the green, and knit a hat which ended up smaller than I wanted but thats about it. But I am sure a trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival will cure me of the fiber blahs....(tax return is due 3 days before we go!!! I love the IRS sometimes they are soooo timely)...only 29 more days to see all that fiber, wool in every imaginable color and texture, silk, alpaca,llama, yak, camel, buffalo, dyes galore, patterns and new tools and gadgets (I am hyperventilating, remind self to bring smelling salts in case of fiber overload). Only one downer Mom was going to go but now says she can't because of the dog. I say put Chips in a kennel but that costs money and mom wont pay it. And no that dog is not going on a 6 hour ride in a car with me- she whines the whole time, drives you insane.

Jessica is doing well. Tornado was 15 miles away the other day. She leaves for California on May 9. So from today there in only....61 days till she comes home! She called this a.m. - said she doesn't call anyone else but Ali and I cause talking to us makes her sad enough. Also she can "bitch at you guys" and what deprive everyone else? Please share that part my daughter!!

Well I need more coffee and it won't come to me so I am off to get some and then go outside and do something constructive. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: