Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Butt Ugly Rooster

The rooster looks sooo ugly without his tail feathers. It seems the fox while trying to get a dinner at my expense got the last end over the fence. We checked the rooster out and he is okay - not as cocky as he was- but still crowing! I was watching Animal Planet with Tori and they were putting wing extensions on a parrot because someone had clipped his wings ...wonder if they do tail feather extensions.

We officially got 2.2 inches of rain between Friday and Saturday. This has put a damper on the yard work. The broccoli are up and some cabbage. The corner flower/pond area is raked, the manure is on the gardens. The peas are still not in. I was whining (yes I do that) to Cyndy asking why I don't just say the hell with it and buy my veges and meat and don't plant a garden, have a farm and just have a yard and no flower beds - think of all the free time I would have to spend with the kids/knit/crochet/spin/weave/read. She said it was in my genes. I have to wonder then where Mark and Joyce came from?!?! I got to go to PJ's garden shop yesterday to pick up plants for the boy scouts to plant on Monday. I also picked up some for the front of the bank. Oh and some tomato plants crawled in the flat along with a 4 pack of red cabbage. I tried to get them out but they wouldn't budge. :D

On the fiber front. I plied two commerical yarns together on two bobbins to use on a shawl. I finished the 5 foot purple tweedy shawl, did two 3 foot tri's, plied the green together then made a 3 foot tri in twill with it and now I have to do the April Square. I was thinking a basket weave (for Easter which came early just to confuse me). Oh and I finished the back or front (they are both the same) of the baby boat neck sweater. I want to do another pair of socks ...but which one? Will have to play on the net and find what I want!

On the family front- got a letter from the FRG and it says Jessica's "Salute and Send-Off " is June 23 from Camp Shelby. Can't wait till she comes home on June 8 -17. She wants to have Thanksgiving and Christmas while she is here so we have much to do.

Tori and JT were talking about the new pope in the car on the way to Honesdale yesterday. The conversation went like this...
.JT "I bet you don't know the new pope's name"
Tori "Yes, I do it is Pope Benedict the 16th"
Curt "Good job Tori"
JT " I bet you don't know what his middle name is"
Tori "Uh huh...It's Benedict Arnold"!!!!!
After we gathered our composure we explained all.

Cliff is still working hard...and still driving my car. I can honestly say my son has driven my car more than I have since I got it. I miss my car. :^( It's a piece of junk (Cliff's description) but I like it.

Well I am off to get the animals into their little homes for the night and the kids showered. And then the socks....

No comments: