Friday, April 29, 2005

The New Additions

Tuesday a fox got Crackers (a khaki campbell) and her mate Ritz was getting beat up by the Pekin ducks so we decided to bring him down to the house and let him recoup. Wednesday we went to go get him a new mate and ended up coming home with two Indian Runner ducks instead. Thursday all was going well with them he was acting like a dad to them and then that night while we were up at the barn here comes the Ritz to go to bed up there...he walked about 1/4 of a mile to get back to his old pen!. We brought him back home and couldn't find the Indian Runners. This morning we looked again and nothing. Then about 10 I was going to Moms and they were both outside the pen trying to get in, so I have decided to call them Lost & Found. But there is more....Curt had to go back to pick up a female Khaki last night and while there he got two Angora goats ...(MOHAIR!!) so I have my first fiber animals. Their coats grow about an inch each month so they need to be sheared twice a year so I will have plenty to spin.
The peas are in!!! The asparagus is coming up!!!! Now I just have to plant the leek and the new asparagus. I will do that tomorrow nah Sunday. Tomorrow Tori has a birthday party and I have to go pick up the trees/shrubs I ordered and it is suppose to rain again.
OH!!!! After careful consideration and mind numbing deliberation we have decided we ARE going to the Maryland Sheep & Wool. I had decided against it as there is soooo much to be done but Cyndi found out she is going and "all work and no play" and all that and how in the world could I disappoint my favoritest great niece Becca and not deliver farm fresh eggs, so I am going, I am going. I will probably live to regret it but what the hell. I just read a book that said you can never have too much wool. I believe what I read.

No comments: