Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Made it thru February

Very stressful week. School delays, Jess/boyfriend problems that blew out of proportion but are finally settled and JT was home sick on Friday. Then Tori was sick on Sunday night. Then both were home on Monday and no school today! To make a long story short no fiber stuff got done other than some spinning and a weave on the 30 inch square. Seeds orders are coming in though and the ache to get into the dirt is starting. I keep looking at the snow and saying "no go back and do some fiber stuff- ignore the garden" but that hasn't worked. But I guess I will be inside longer than I want as we got 8 inches and they are calling for another nor'easter in the next 5-7 days.

Spoke to Jess and she told me she is going to be leaving for California on May 9th. After about 20 days in California she will be allowed home for two weeks. I can't wait to see her.

Tori had an overnighter at the mall on Friday with her girl scout troop. They stayed up alllllll night. It is times like this that I am glad I no longer do girl scouts. I wouldn't last!!! Cookie sales are over and she sold 138 boxes of cookies. (Here I have to send out a hearty Thank You to Mark D. for his excellent help with this, she couldn't have done it without his help).

JT went to the Doctor on Monday for his hearing test and he failed again, but did do better than last time. We definitely need to make an appt with ear/nose/throat to see what to do- they are talking removing the adnoids, possible removal of tonsils, and putting tubes in.

On the farming front the chickens laid a total of 213 eggs this month and the ducks added in another 41!!! The ducks started laying again the second week of the month and haven't stopped.

Finished the knit square for the month but you can't see the hearts that I added in so Mary B said to embroidery around the hearts to hi-lite. I will have to try that and then get a pic up. Maybe this weekend while the kids are gone and Curt is salmon fishing. (I will miss them but I am soooo looking forward to Friday night when they all leave!)

1 comment:

cyndy said...

hummm...perhaps you could also try a little bit of needle felting around that heart...it may go faster than stitching....