Sunday, March 20, 2005

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!

Spring is officially here! And to top it off I got to see my first robin. I had heard they were here but I don't count it until I see them and I did, I did!!! There was a time earlier in the day when the albino raindrops made me doubt that spring was here but they quickly went away when the temperature rose.

Typical week, boy scouts (missed it as I was chasing a cow), work, no 4H (leader leaving for NC) girl scouts (we got to bring the snack this week Yahoo!! THAT was NOT sarcasm...okay yes it was) work, and then Friday was a sad day as we gave Jingles a new home. His new owners have a horse so he will have a friend. On the way to Bingo (Curt won $150!!) we saw them both out in the field so all is going well between them and hopefully he will be happy there. Tori can go visit anytime and she gets to see him going to and from school. Oh also signed both kids up for spring soccer. I was going to wait till the fall but....I guess I figured we just did not have enough to do..so we will have practice two nights a week and a game every Friday starting April 22 and ending (supposedly) the first week of June.

Cliff painted the boys room today and when he was done promptly took off for the mall and left all the putting things away and clean up for Curt and I...We do have to love them don't we?!?!?? But in all fairness the whole time he was painting I was spinning and winding skeins off the bobbins and setting the twist. I have four skeins hanging to dry and I have decided to take the purple and make Jess a shawl as soon as it is dry. I figure when she wraps it around herself it will be like a hug from home. By the way she is coming home June 8th and then leaves June 17th. This will be the last time we get to see her before she leaves for Iraq. I am not going to handle it very well as I start crying just thinking of it. So for now I am going to pull the same stunt I did when I was a kid and play the roll of Scarlet O'Hara....I'll think about it tomorrow!!!

No comments: