Thursday, March 10, 2005

And so we continue...

I got a new book from my sis...Stitch and Bitch! There is an umbilical cord hat that I want to do today if I get motivated. Then there is Pippi Kneestockings. I also bought myself a used copy of Weekend Knitting. I would love to do the Cozy airchair socks, petticoat socks, and the baby's pure & simple cardigan. Nothing like setting yourself up for a fall heh?
But I have been accomplishing something. I finished Tori's socks. I love her but she has Frodo feet (think Lord of the Rings). I also spun up some Rit dyed purple wool to make something for Jess (don't know what just something) and I did the ugly shawl. It is all the little pieces leftover from other projects. It is a merino, alpaca, wool, beet dyed, black walnut dyed, annato dyed, double ply, navajo ply mass which still needs to be fringed and blocked.
When I started reading Stitch & BitchI found there is a saying on page 9 that says "you ain't shit if you don't knit" well I turned the page and started laughing my ass off when I saw it because Jess & Cliff keep making up these stupid sayings about my knitting, crocheting and spinning such as "you're a winner if you're a spinner" or "It will ruin your day if you don't crochet" and they had said that same saying "you aint shit if you don't knit" I wonder should I worry that the author is like my kids or hope my kids turn out like the author?

On the old homefront....JT may not need to go under the knife. They (the ear/nose/throat docs ) think that the reason his eardrum doesn't move is because of an infection behind it. So they put him on some hightest antibiotics for two weeks and then we go back in April for a re-evaluation. JT needlesss to say is estatic and is willingly taking the meds! On the way home on Long Ridge I saw they were taking out the stone walls by the hunting lodge. It's sad they are taking away all that history for the almighty dollar. I know we have other stonewalls and canals but we are going to keep saying that until they are all gone and then we will go "oops". Ruined my ride home...Actually other than the docs news the whole trip sucked because on the way to the docs I encountered a frequent thing on our roads at this time of year....the eagle watchers. I am going around a blind turn on snow covered roads with guardrails on bothsides to stop you from going in the canal or the river with a car following...1/2 way into the turn BAM! there is an asshole stopped dead in the road. I am able to get the vehicle stopped and not hit or get hit. The asshole (sorry that is as polite as I can get) proceeds to roll down his window and signal me to go around him. Yes please sir let me go around you on a blind turn on snowy roads and endanger my life and my sons so you can see a f*** ing bird. I sat there, he finally got the hint and drove up the road and pulled into a driveway. Yes the birds are beautiful and we are lucky to have them but pull off in the pull off zones or take the tourbus. And happy happy joy joy trout season is getting ready to start. You know that time of year when if you live or own any property near water the tourist’s get to walk all over it and when you ask them to leave they get pissed off because you are ruining their day! Oh poor Mr. & Mrs. Tourist, I am sooooo sorry my living here inconveniences you in any way shape or form…NOT! And they call us yokels! My favorite cartoon is the one that says …”If it’s tourist season, why can't we shoot them?"!!!

Teeheehee I just realized this blog post turned into a real stitch and bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

Well anyhow here is something to leave you with....from my demented dreams.....Jess is getting married or just got married and we are in the milkhouse up at the barn. She says she is going back to the wedding and leaves to go to Bill's cabin (site of the wedding). She never gets there, all we find is her vail with pink insulation stuck to it. For eight days it snows. When it stops, Mom and I decide to walk the path in knee deep snow and look for her. For some reason Curt and Ali weren't ready to go and stayed at the milkhouse. We are walking sideways up the hill in knee deep snow and calling her name. We hear something from behind this outcropping. We start walking over to it and the snow starts to melt and we see pink fiberglass insulation. When we go around the corner there is Jess, not in her wedding dress but in a T-shirt and jeans laying on her side in a semi-fetal postion ( I have a pic of her laying in this exact position) She starts to sit up, gets to her knees and her head falls forward and then falls back and I grab her and we start to carry her out of the woods screaming to get an ambulance. The snow continues to melt to the point that there is only snow in the shadowy spots. As I am carrying her out of the woods and into the field she says that the way I am doing it is causing her underwear to chaff her butt ( don't laugh). Then flash we are all sitting in my livingroom and the door opens and in walks all the older kids (Jess & Cliff's age) in the neighborhood to hang out. Then I woke up.....Now you analyze that mess and I am going off to knit! Have a good one.

No comments: