Saturday, February 01, 2014

Little things keeping me busy


“I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.  The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker” 
~ Helen Keller

January is in the rear view and it passed at an amazingly quick pace too.  The endless temperatures below freezing tend to make the time pass slow but I have had some diversion from its ice grasp.

As I mentioned in the last post I had knit a bonnet,





plied these  together 

and finished knitting these slippers for #2 daughter




 While visiting #1 daughter and Sir T, or more accurately the grandsons,   I knit the incognito,






and bear cowl...more like a wimple ...a pattern which I made up from looking at a picture of one #1 daughter sent me 


Upon returning home I have not had a project grab me so I have been knitting dishcloths from KnitPicks 52 weeks of dishcloths and the white one is Chinese Waves dishcloth  
 

I have also signed on for a KAL and CAL on Holiday Mystery Gifts yahoo group.  The KAL is a pair of socks and the CAL is a spiral granny afghan.  Both of these start today and should keep me busy for a while along with the afghan using up some leftover yarn.

I have gone through my seeds and found I don’t need to put in a seed order.  I might pick up fillers later from my local feed store but if the rodents don’t dig up my seeds after I plant them I will be fine.  Now to just plan where I want everything to go.

I have been baking bread like a mad woman.  Grilled cheese with homemade bread and soup is an awesome dinner to chase away the chill.  I treated myself to a 2 pound Pullman bread pan with cover.  I have a loaf rising in it now and can’t wait to see how it turns out.

But I am even more excited about a recent discovery…earlier today the man said “check out that bird” and I got my camera and zoomed in and saw…..


I have never seen a robin this early in the year.  I don’t have cabin fever yet but I will be very happy if Spring arrives early.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Judy, you're knitting projects are beautiful! Love those hats! How nice to see a robin in the yard....hopefully...Spring is on its way.
Stay warm, cozy and healthy!

cyndy said...

Your knitting projects bring a smile to my face! They are full of fun!

And Robins! Yay! It won't be long now :)

...well...six more weeks...
Happy GHs Day!