Saturday, April 03, 2010

Color

“Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.” ~ Douglas Pagels

I haven't slid down any rainbows but I have been playing with color.  On Thursday I baked up some cookies for #1 daughter.  When they were cooled, I iced them up and decorated them to look like eggs and shipped them off to her.  It is a yearly thing that must be done...hopefully she gets them today!
Looking back thru posts I notice that when Spring and Fall hit, that is when I play with dyes.  And this year is no different.  After the cookies, I pulled some dye out and played a little then laid it all out to dry. The man lovingly refers to this as Bozo vomit.  I have to get more dye so he will stop insulting the roving.
Later that evening while watching Survivor I spun up a small ball. 
I had to put the wheel away before I did it damage when they voted off Rob instead of the toad. 

Friday, the coloring continued with Easter eggs. 
And then all the colors started swirling together into an ugly mud and I receeded to my bedroom with a migraine.  I guess my poor brain has to slowly be re-introduced to color after the dull gray winter! 

Today, I am feeling much better but will limit my exposure to brightness just in case!  But how can it be a bad day when you have coffee with the natives.  Hope everyone has a Happy Easter. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wonderful colors!!!
Yummy yarn!!