Saturday, June 13, 2009

Future

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~Dr. Seuss#2 daughter graduated from middle school yesterday. Today #1's bf, Sir T, graduates from college. Both are scared of the future. #2 is afraid of going to big scary high school and Sir T has to find a job in today's economy. I don't envy either one of them.

Oddly through all of yesterday's hoopla of the awards ceremony, the thing that stuck out most was how few people put their hand to their heart or recited the Pledge of Allegiance. Some parents raised their hands to their chest but didn't say anything and other's didn't even make the effort to do that. I guess it was so ingrained in me since I was born after 1942 when it was recognized as the official national pledge and after the "under God" phrase was added in 1954.....but then so were almost all the other parents. I hope things go better at Sir T's ceremony.So the kids are out of school and I have extra garden helpers. The #2 son started by mowing mom's grass when he got home. It is not easy to get him to motivate but add an engine and wheels and he is more inclined to do the deed. Of course he mows like he is driving on the NASCAR track. The result is not the best but at least it was done in the small window of sunshine we had. Today he weedwacks (think golf)...yeah scary! #2 daughter just cooked me breakfast...I think she is buttering me up so she doesn't have to hand pick bugs today!

No comments: