Tuesday, November 18, 2008

*Snow*

“There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad with radiance.” ~ William SharpA couple of weeks ago neighboring areas awoke to several inches of snow, while down in the valley we only got some slush. We - or I should say - I would have loved to have had the snow...the power outages no, but yes to the snow!
Well this morning I looked out the window to see snow! Now it is no where near as much as the surrounding communities got weeks ago. It is a nice 1/2 inch of snow to make everything nice and clean and bright. I have to drive to town today so I am happy about this. I love the snow but hate to drive in it. The kids went running to the TV to see if there was a delay! No such luck guys! #2 son is having a personal dilemma...he joined wrestling so doesn't want school but wants practice. Yesterday was his first practice and I don't think he ever fell asleep so fast...or so early...I like it! He has always been the one to try staying up as late as he can.
And along with the snow came the dark eyed Junco's to the feeder reminding me to buy more feed while in town.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

yes! My mother always calls the juncos "snow buntings"...claims they bring the snow...

I too was glad we didn't get dumped on...snow I can sweep away is OK by me...

Tell #2 son that we remember when they didn't have the westling team, and are glad that our efforts to restore one to the school were successful! So glad to hear that he has joined up ;-)